Tim Mitchell

Default Radio controlled clock question

In article , Mark
writes
"Harvey Van Sickle" wrote in message
On 23 Oct 2003, Mark wrote
The hour display and the seconds are spot on but the minute
reading is fast by 1 minute! To double check I even rang the
speaking clock and, sure enough, my RC clock was out by exactly 1
minute. I tried manually setting the clock to the correct time
but as soon as it goes through the update cycle it reverts back to
being 1 minute fast! Anyone know what could cause this, although
I suspect my RC clock must be faulty.

I have no idea what might cause that, but just to eliminate the
remote/silly possibility that the Rugby signal is out, I checked my RC
clock against the computer (which I set over the internet from a
different source) -- they're exactly aligned, so that's not it......

Cheers for that, at least it confirms the clock must be faulty. I can
only assume that it must be down to some kind of faulty calibration
settings at the factory? It certainly is a weird one!

On the uk.tech.broadcast group, a few people have reported errors in the
MSF transmitted time during its maintenance. Even a transmitted time 3
hours out!
--
Tim Mitchell