Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buying new TV

On Tue, 25 May 2010 23:17:21 -0500, "
wrote:

On Tue, 25 May 2010 21:35:45 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2010 22:32:19 -0500, "
wrote:

You say:

"Well, duh! That's the way the system is designed (pads are a *lot*
cheaper than amplifiers and once the signal is in the mud no amplifier
can help it",

and yet you say we are wrong saying too strong a signal is more
common than too weak

I'll try to go more slowly for you this time...

Theoretically the system once worked. As the system ages the signal level
*drops* as cables and whatnot become lossy.

Methinks you just want to be argumentative

Meknows you can't read, or think.

No, if the cable company repairs the lines outside or replaces part of
their "plant" the signal can become too strong. The itty bit of cable
inside the average residence is insignificant in the grand scheme of
things. Then too, if you go to digital cable they replace ALL the
cable inside with 100% sheilded cable too.
I've personally had it happen several times. Have the attenuators to
prove it.
First time was with the standard cable in my own home. Second and
third times at office. Last time with the new sheilded cable at home.