Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Workshop Practice

Searcher7 wrote:

I was going to add some of the workshop Practice books to my
collection, but wanted get feedback first. Particularly suggestions
for the best ones, because I'm sure all of them are not great books.

I've read that s possible problem is that they speak in metric and
some are outdated, or geared toward the UK reader. Nevertheless any
advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have Ivan Laws book on gearing and one on lathe work holding. I'm not sure if
Pentagrids book on motors is part of the series but if it is, I'll recommend all three.

Screw cutting on the lathe is worthwhile also. Just remembered I had that one also.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller