Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Erik[_5_] Erik[_5_] is offline

Default Effect of "I do not call 911" stickers?

In article ,
Jim Stewart wrote:

Ignoramus13363 wrote:
We had a burglary in our neighborhood, which was kind of unexpected,
and it made me wonder: if I put a few stickers on my house saying "I
don't call 911"

http://www.cafepress.com/+i_dont_cal...cker,388161391

Would it deter burglars or would they actually want to go in to try to
steal guns, assuming that there is no such stocker without guns inside?

Here's my plan:

1. A dog that loves to bark.

2. A box on the side of the house that looks
like a security controller.

3. Never and I mean never let papers, collection
bags, etc, build up on the porch or front yard
longer than 8 hours.

Unless I'm targeted for some reason, there's
about a 100% chance that a burglar would look
for (and find) a tastier victim on my block.

A couple of thoughts on Jim Stewarts (above) post:

1) I don't have dog... just don't have the time to properly care for
one. But I do have a couple of beware of dog signs, two large beat up
stainless steel dog bowls and a couple of tennis balls. I keep the bowls
near the back end of my driveway where anyone looking over the gate
can't miss them. The balls are also kept in view... and all are moved
around regularly.

2) As far as papers and flyers accumulating... yes have someone you
trust remove them regularly. However, as far as stopping newspapers and
mail goes, I don't think this such a good idea. Through the years there
have been numerous burglars and burglary rings found to have operated on
inside info from postal and newspaper employees. Same deal with
'notifying' alarm company's you'll be gone.

In cold country, have your trusted friend keep your snow tracked up as
well.

The less people that know your business the better... as Jim said above,
if you make the little burglar ******* uncomfortable, he'll likely look
elsewhere unless he has a specific reason to target you.

Erik