Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Seeking opinions on a Sears 42" lawn tractor

On Thu, 20 May 2010 20:25:27 -0400, aemeijers wrote:
I find writing 4-digit checks physically painful, but I am also finding
3.5 hours per week behind a push mower physically painful to my
allergies, sinuses, and hives. Thinking that perhaps cutting that
exposure time would reduce my allergy problems, I am tempted to splurge.
Looking for honest opinions about the current sears mowers of this
series. (the red ones, not the gray ones, which are apparently MTD this
year.)

Hmm, are you good at taking things apart (and getting them back together
again)? If so, see if you can find a couple of identical old mowers from
Freecycle / Craigslist, and mix 'n match to make something good. Treat it
to some new blades, belts too if needed.

That or buy some goats :-)