Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LA boycotts Arizona

John wrote:

John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2010 20:48:14 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
What's that Lassie? You say that Ed Huntress fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Wed, 19 May 2010 22:42:55 -0400:

This may well be the case, but what prevents Arizona from
giving all the "undocumented immigrants" they discover
one-way bus tickets (or if they have a car, gas vouchers) to
LA, Sacramento, etc. as an alternative to immediate
arrest/deportation? Arizona could even include 100$ per
head travel expense money and U-Haul rental and still be
ahead.
--

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)

I suppose they could, but if they tried it, California could send a LOT
more
back to Arizona. Estimates are that California has 8 or 9 times as many as
Arizona.

How would they identify them?

The same way Arizona is planning to -- by the color of their skin and the
clothes they wear. Speaking Spanish isn't going to win you any points,
either.

No papers? Too bad, senor.

(BTW, I don't carry "papers," either)

Perhaps California could intact a law
that would let police ask about the immigration status of anyone they
are questioning.

I'd be in trouble. No one in my family has had immigration papers since
1657. And they landed just around where you live.

I find this discussion and the complaints of the Californians a bit
humorous.

In the mid 60's I was stationed at Bangor Maine and was driving down
to New Hampshire. I came on a cruiser parked on the side of the road
and a guy with a uniform standing there who flagged me down. I stopped
and the chap said, "would you mind telling me where you were born,
sir?" Kind of a strange thing to say to a guy out on the side of a
country road, but I replied, "New Hampshire" and the fellow sort of
saluted and waved me on.

Some time later I saw some of the Border Patrol pistol team and
mentioned it to them. "Silly thing to ask a guy" way out there in the
country. The Border Patrol guy replied, "Try answering with a French
accent".

It has taken 45 years for me to find out that my civil rights were
trampled on.

John B. Slocomb
(johnbslocombatgmaildotcom)

I thought they did the same thing in Ontario Canada too.

You see a lot of those tags around here, too.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.