Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LA boycotts Arizona

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 23 May 2010
18:57:05 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sat, 22 May 2010 20:48:31 -0700

Then they would have to haul me (or us) to jail and keep us there, until
somehow we produce our "papers". I do not even know how we would get
them out of our house, if the house is in IL and we are arrested in
AZ.

Utter bull****. Simply show them your Valid drivers license/social
security card and be on your way.

Illegals cannot get a valid drivers license or Valid social security
card.

When I was playing cop, and even today..most cops use the drivers
license as SS cards are available for $15 at most public parks and swap
meets.

Unfortunately, far too many states will issue drivers license on
the flimsiest of documentation.

Florida now requires your birth certificate.

One down, how many to go? (Last I head, 38 did not require such
proof of existence.)
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

[...]

I don't know, but this is the Florida website about it:
http://www.gathergoget.com/

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2010 20:48:14 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
What's that Lassie? You say that Ed Huntress fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Wed, 19 May 2010 22:42:55 -0400:

This may well be the case, but what prevents Arizona from
giving all the "undocumented immigrants" they discover
one-way bus tickets (or if they have a car, gas vouchers) to
LA, Sacramento, etc. as an alternative to immediate
arrest/deportation? Arizona could even include 100$ per
head travel expense money and U-Haul rental and still be
ahead.
--

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)

I suppose they could, but if they tried it, California could send a LOT
more
back to Arizona. Estimates are that California has 8 or 9 times as many as
Arizona.

How would they identify them?

The same way Arizona is planning to -- by the color of their skin and the
clothes they wear. Speaking Spanish isn't going to win you any points,
either.

No papers? Too bad, senor.

(BTW, I don't carry "papers," either)

Perhaps California could intact a law
that would let police ask about the immigration status of anyone they
are questioning.

I'd be in trouble. No one in my family has had immigration papers since
1657. And they landed just around where you live.

I find this discussion and the complaints of the Californians a bit
humorous.

In the mid 60's I was stationed at Bangor Maine and was driving down
to New Hampshire. I came on a cruiser parked on the side of the road
and a guy with a uniform standing there who flagged me down. I stopped
and the chap said, "would you mind telling me where you were born,
sir?" Kind of a strange thing to say to a guy out on the side of a
country road, but I replied, "New Hampshire" and the fellow sort of
saluted and waved me on.

Some time later I saw some of the Border Patrol pistol team and
mentioned it to them. "Silly thing to ask a guy" way out there in the
country. The Border Patrol guy replied, "Try answering with a French
accent".

It has taken 45 years for me to find out that my civil rights were
trampled on.

John B. Slocomb
(johnbslocombatgmaildotcom)

I thought they did the same thing in Ontario Canada too.

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 23, 9:16*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Interesting. So if I had a NM license, my problem probably would be that
they wouldn't believe that anyone could be as white as me. g

--
Ed Huntress

No, they just would not accept your NM license as proof of
citizenship.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On May 23, 9:16 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Interesting. So if I had a NM license, my problem probably would be that
they wouldn't believe that anyone could be as white as me. g

--
Ed Huntress

No, they just would not accept your NM license as proof of
citizenship.

Dan

You haven't seen how white I am.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

wrote in message
.
.. On May 20, 9:22 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

But some states issue driver's licenses to anyone. (Not my state, but
a couple do.)

Any government-issued ID qualifies as "papers" these days.

We'll see what Arizona accepts.

--
Ed Huntress

This is from the Arizona Bill. Note Number 4. It says that a drivers
license from a state that requires proof of legal presence before
issue is valid proof.
So your N.J. license would be fine. But a N.M. license would not be
acceptable as N.M. does not require proof of legal presence before
issuing the drivers license.

Interesting. So if I had a NM license, my problem probably would be
that they wouldn't believe that anyone could be as white as me. g

Not all illegals are Hispanics - they come from all over the world.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:4bfa9078$0$21869
:

You haven't seen how white I am.

Ever met any Spanierds or Hispanics of pure Spanish descent?

You might just make them look like Albinos.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RAM³" wrote in message
0...
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

wrote in message
.
.. On May 20, 9:22 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

But some states issue driver's licenses to anyone. (Not my state, but
a couple do.)

Any government-issued ID qualifies as "papers" these days.

We'll see what Arizona accepts.

--
Ed Huntress

This is from the Arizona Bill. Note Number 4. It says that a drivers
license from a state that requires proof of legal presence before
issue is valid proof.
So your N.J. license would be fine. But a N.M. license would not be
acceptable as N.M. does not require proof of legal presence before
issuing the drivers license.

Interesting. So if I had a NM license, my problem probably would be
that they wouldn't believe that anyone could be as white as me. g

Not all illegals are Hispanics - they come from all over the world.

That's true. That's why I might be in trouble in Arizona. g

(Actually, it appears I'm in the clear, with my NJ driver's license. That's
a relief. You never know when your plane might get hijacked to Phoenix.)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Eregon" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:4bfa9078$0$21869
:

You haven't seen how white I am.

Ever met any Spanierds or Hispanics of pure Spanish descent?

Yes. My former boss at an ad agency. She was about as white as I am.

You might just make them look like Albinos.

I look almost like an albino. I have vitiligo over 100% of my skin -- no
melanin at all. Fortunately, I didn't lose color in my eyes or hair, so I
don't actually look like a pure albino. But I'm fairly white.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"RAM³" wrote in message
0...
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

wrote in message
.
[...]

If AZ people have as much sense as they now appear to have, they will
turn back Noo Joisie residents at the NM border!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"RAM³" wrote in message
0...
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

wrote in message
.
[...]

Hey, watch that. If it wasn't for NJ retirees moving there with their
pensions, buying flowered shirts and stupid hats, golf spikes and
sunglasses, AZ wouldn't have an economy. And their funeral homes would go
broke.

Eskimos put their old people on ice flows and push them out to sea. We put
ours in Buicks and steer them towards Arizona. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 19 May 2010 22:42:55 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 19 May 2010 20:00:49 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:
snip
the la announcement did say they want to cut all resource links, so we'd
just be enforcing their own edict. we should cut the water that runs
down
the colorado too.

You can't, because of a treaty signed with Mexico in 1944.

--
Ed Huntress

========
This may well be the case, but what prevents Arizona from
giving all the "undocumented immigrants" they discover
one-way bus tickets (or if they have a car, gas vouchers) to
LA, Sacramento, etc. as an alternative to immediate
arrest/deportation? Arizona could even include 100$ per
head travel expense money and U-Haul rental and still be
ahead.
--

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)

I suppose they could, but if they tried it, California could send a LOT more
back to Arizona. Estimates are that California has 8 or 9 times as many as
Arizona.

Arizona is only fifth or sixth in the number of illegals.

But California must embrace illegals if it condemns Arizona for their
current attitude.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

. ..
wrote:
[...]

I don't think they'd have much trouble adjusting their ideals if they were
under assault. California is struggling now. I wouldn't push them too far.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
Hey, watch that. If it wasn't for NJ retirees moving there with their
pensions, buying flowered shirts and stupid hats, golf spikes and
sunglasses, AZ wouldn't have an economy. And their funeral homes
would go broke.

don't forget pink and green plaid golf pants

Eskimos put their old people on ice flows and push them out to sea.
We put ours in Buicks and steer them towards Arizona. d8-)

i thought you just aimed them south and told them to stop when their hat
floats.

regards,
charlie
phx, az

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"chaniarts" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
Hey, watch that. If it wasn't for NJ retirees moving there with their
pensions, buying flowered shirts and stupid hats, golf spikes and
sunglasses, AZ wouldn't have an economy. And their funeral homes
would go broke.

don't forget pink and green plaid golf pants

Eskimos put their old people on ice flows and push them out to sea.
We put ours in Buicks and steer them towards Arizona. d8-)

i thought you just aimed them south and told them to stop when their hat
floats.

regards,
charlie
phx, az

Well, that works, but we drive a lot in Florida and we don't want to deal
with all those tunnel-vision drivers. If they go to AZ, at least there's
nothing much to distract them...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"RAM³" wrote in message
0...
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

wrote in message
.
[...]

Good point.

Eskimos put their old people on ice flows and push them out to sea. We put
ours in Buicks and steer them towards Arizona. d8-)

As Seinfeld once said "My parents didn't want to move to Florida when
they retired, but they're Jewish and it's the law"
(or something like that)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:56:13 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"chaniarts" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
Hey, watch that. If it wasn't for NJ retirees moving there with their
pensions, buying flowered shirts and stupid hats, golf spikes and
sunglasses, AZ wouldn't have an economy. And their funeral homes
would go broke.

don't forget pink and green plaid golf pants

Eskimos put their old people on ice flows and push them out to sea.
We put ours in Buicks and steer them towards Arizona. d8-)

i thought you just aimed them south and told them to stop when their hat
floats.

regards,
charlie
phx, az

Well, that works, but we drive a lot in Florida and we don't want to deal
with all those tunnel-vision drivers. If they go to AZ, at least there's
nothing much to distract them...

At what age do people become part of a minority that it is OK for
others to ridicule?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"chaniarts" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
[...]

Oh, at about my age. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

chaniarts wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
Hey, watch that. If it wasn't for NJ retirees moving there with their
pensions, buying flowered shirts and stupid hats, golf spikes and
sunglasses, AZ wouldn't have an economy. And their funeral homes
would go broke.

don't forget pink and green plaid golf pants

Eskimos put their old people on ice flows and push them out to sea.
We put ours in Buicks and steer them towards Arizona. d8-)

i thought you just aimed them south and told them to stop when their hat
floats.

With the way they drive, it's a wonder that any of them find Arizona
or Florida. At least we manage to ship most of them back north in the
winter, so we can get rid of the smell of Ben Gay & mothballs in
Florida.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

You see a lot of those tags around here, too.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" on Sun, 23 May 2010 17:57:31 -0700
(PDT) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On May 21, 1:54*pm, pyotr filipivich wrote:

* * * * The story I read was of the third generation Chinese guy, who
opened the door to see the Two Earnest young men, with their phrase
book, going through it trying to talk with him. *Finally, he can't
stand it anymore, and yells at them "Why don't learn English or go
back to your own country where you came from!" *Slams the door and
laughs so hard, he hurt himself.
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Reminds me of a supervisor I had that wanted to refuse to interview a
married female engineer that had a Japanese middle name. He was
afraid that she would not be able to communicate with the U.S.
government engineers. He was forced to interview her as she met all
the requirements in the job description. She was born in Hawaii and
spoke better English than he did.

And there is America's strong point. People of Japanese (or other
ethnic heritage) who are bilingual, and aware of both side culturally.

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 24 May 2010 12:37:56 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Hey, watch that. If it wasn't for NJ retirees moving there with their
pensions, buying flowered shirts and stupid hats, golf spikes and
sunglasses, AZ wouldn't have an economy. And their funeral homes would go
broke.

Eskimos put their old people on ice flows and push them out to sea. We put
ours in Buicks and steer them towards Arizona. d8-)

I had a b-i-l who managed a Toyota dearship in Orlando. He said it
wasn't unusual fo a NY retiree to buy a new car with an American
Express card but not have a DL.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
wrote:

Hey, watch that. If it wasn't for NJ retirees moving there with their
pensions, buying flowered shirts and stupid hats, golf spikes and
sunglasses, AZ wouldn't have an economy. And their funeral homes would go
broke.

Eskimos put their old people on ice flows and push them out to sea. We put
ours in Buicks and steer them towards Arizona. d8-)

I had a b-i-l who managed a Toyota dearship in Orlando. He said it
wasn't unusual fo a NY retiree to buy a new car with an American
Express card but not have a DL.

Wishful thinking on the retiree's part. Lots of Manhattanites never acquire
a driver's license for their entire lives. My aunt (age 92) is one of them.

--
Ed Huntress