Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default MiniDV cassette in Sony DCR-PC330...

On 24 mayo, 12:56, Geir Holmavatn wrote:
Hi,

My teenager came up showing his Sony camcorder with the cassette stuck
halfways in/out. *The LCD screen displays no error code, just 'Re-attach
the power source'. *I have done that and the battery is also fully charged.

Anyone here having comments or tips on how to proceed to unhook the
stuck cassette mecanism ...?

Image of the situation:http://kuntigi.net/download/DCR-stuck.jpg

Thanks in advance

Geir

Possibly a cracked gear in the tape load mech, or some mishandling,
are the cause of this. Is the tape wrapped round the drum still, can
you see?

In any case, if you are to solve this without damaging anything, at
least some disassembly will probably be needed. Search
eserviceinfo.com for the manual, or at least one for a similar model.
-B