Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Reliable 3-Port valve actuator?

On Sat, 22 May 2010 02:13:07 +0100, spamlet wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message

http://www.sunvic.co.uk/momo_valves.htm

Cheers Harry, I had forgotten about Sunvic - although part of our control
system is made by them.

Looks like the momo equivalent of the Danfoss is:

SDM 1901 - 3 Port Actuator £77.28

Pricey. but possibly worth it if it avoids all the hassle.

I use the SDMV2304 3-port valve which is a drop-in replacement for
normal Honeywell-et-al valves, wiring wise, and are about £50 at B&Q.

There's a website run by someone who's disgruntled with these sorts of
valves as he says the electronics fails, due to high voltage spikes on the
mains I think, but I've never had it happen to any of the ones I've fitted.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

The rain, it rains upon the Just, and on the Unjust fella
But more upon the Just because the Unjust's got the Just's umbrella