Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default cables in walls - horizontal from sockets?

On May 24, 10:37*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
Do note if you intend using it for chasing walls to get one of the
lightweight ones - which sadly usually means more expensive. Trust me. ;-)

Go by dust extraction - which is a whole new thread, adventure &
whiteout of its own.

I have used an arbor with diamond cutting disc in a 14V cordless (not
mains!) drill to slot walls, with a helper running a vacuum cleaner
nozzle catching the "very narrow & controlled jet of ejectile
material". Very cheap, somewhat slower, but almost no mess, Miele will
handle plaster ok - at least a very old battered Miele cleaner with
everything broken off it has done so for several years.