Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default compressed-air drills

On 5/24/10 6:45 AM, Jerome Meekings wrote:

For me the advantages are clear

At least you added, "for me." :-)

1) there are no batteries that will die if not used for a months and any
way in about 3 years.

Plus, that compressor is a lot more portable than those little battery
packs.

2) Smaller than any battery impact driver.

Not true. The new ones are pretty small.

3) The air hose is far more flexible and longer than any corded driver.

Really? Do you use yours when it's full of air? I have a 100'
extension cord that is waaaaay easier to use than a 100' air hose under
pressure. Of course, we're talking extension cords/hoses, which are
needed for both.

4) The service life is much longer than any electric powered drill.

Again, really? I have a 20 year old hammer drill that's still cranking
it out. It was even half submerged in water overnight.

5) Over haul when eventually needed is it is easy and fast

I'll give you that. Some rings and seals and you're good as new.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--