LRod

Default Accents-was:Grammar-was:Lee Valley optical center punch

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 07:17:05 -0500, "George"
wrote:

Although it was longer ago than I care to recount, I can recall areas in the
prairie provinces and in Alaska where I was fortunate to be able to speak
Ukrainian or Russian, even though the population was second generation
and beyond.

Ukie boy, eh? My wife is full blooded Ukrainian and which is her
native language, although she speaks English utterly unaccented (well,
except for the Canadian, eh) and fully fluently. She's from the
Niagara Peninsula, which has its own enclave of Ukrainians in addition
to the ones out west.

Then there are survival adaptations which favor special dialect or language.
Think of Quebec, or the locker-room of an NBA team.

Heh, heh.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net