Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Sheet Rock in an Outbuilding?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On May 23, 10:59 am, "Robert Olin" wrote:
I was going to use osb in my well house/shop but it is up to $14.45 a
sheet.
I can put in sheet rock for less than 1/2. Question: Will sheet
rock be ok
in an unheated outbuilding?

That is what is in my garage with no problems. It is ground gypsum
mostly. I put a coat of primer on it but never put a finish coat.
Probably never will. Oh, I did not tape and mud it either.

I was thinking about sheet rock without spackling, I wonder if my
insurance company would let it slide. Since I have fiberglass
insulation which states it must be covered to prevent fire.