Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default compressed-air drills

On Sun, 23 May 2010 22:04:10 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

On 5/23/10 5:20 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
Sure, but I've seen even ring-shank nails pop. Stainless screws are the only
way to fly.

Not arguing here, but in my experience nails popping out is generally
due to under-engineering in the manners of: movement caused by too much
space between joists, and nails too short.

Maybe, but mine were 16" OC. The nails? For me, screws are easier in the long
run.

I know there are other causes, but I've seen nails pop due to those
causes.

Screws don't wreck the wood coming out, either.