Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default compressed-air drills

On Sun, 23 May 2010 18:28:16 -0500, Ignoramus32683

On 2010-05-23, RogerN wrote:
Just curious, why can't you build a deck with a battery powered drill? I
twisted lag bolts in two with my Dewalt 18V XRP but I can't remember if
it
was with the drill or the impact (the impact is bad about breaking screws
if
you don't stop on time!).

Roger, my answer to you (and others) was that batteries do not last
when the job is to just drive a screw after screw.

Apparently, others' experience may be different, and, if so, I will
retract my comment about cordless drills.

OK, that makes sense, maybe that's why I bought 2 drills, 6 batteries and 4
chargers. :-) Too bad my energy level doesn't keep up!

Actually I saw DeWalt had a lot of cordless tools available for their 18V
XPR and I bought various sets to have all my cordless tools battery and
charger compatible, the 2nd xrp drill came in a kit with 2 batteries, a
charger, and an impact driver.

Dewalt 18XRP is the drill that I have, I love it and use it a lot. I
have two batteries for it, but for continuous use I get out my electric
drill.

I have two 18V XRP drills, one a "compact" model (which isn't compact). I
found one for less than $100 (less than the price of two batteries) on the
get-it-outta-here table at HomeDespot. I also have the 6-1/2" circular saw,
so six batteries. I don't use the drills often, though. I would much rather
use the 12V Bosch and the Impactor. I'd break them out if I built a deck,
though. ;-)