Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default compressed-air drills

On 5/23/10 9:10 PM, Josepi wrote:
It definitely varies from crew to crew.

Many of the newbies are given nailers and the cordless ones are getting
popular. I framed my house with a nailer and barbed nails. that was a
mistake when changes need to be made though. Other jobs I have been in,
almost all the seasoned framers used hammers as the climbing was a pain with
a nailer and the hammer was faster, overall. For sheeting a nailer was used
almost exclusively but not for structural lumber.

I'm sorry, but there's no way on earth a hammer is faster than a nail gun.
I've used both, I'm good at both. Not buying it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--