Posted to uk.d-i-y
spamlet spamlet is offline

Default cables in walls - horizontal from sockets?

"John Rumm" wrote in message
news
On 23/05/2010 18:13, spamlet wrote:

(old house mostly very very soft plaster), but in this spot the buggers
had
concreted up the wall under the plaster and I had nothing to cut it with
but
a borrowed angle grinder. I have to say I was pretty impressed by the
total
white out that a few seconds of cutting created! :-)

BTSTGTTS!

First time I tried it, I got about half way down a 4' chase in new plaster
before I realised I could not see my hands 1' in front of my face anymore!

I would not repeat that exercise in an inhabited building again! The
chaser however makes is no worse than using the SDS with a chisel bit.

John.

I didn't get the T-shirt, but it looks like when I get back on the ball I'll
be in the market for some SDS gear, after all the praise it is getting here
lately.
:-)