Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default What's Happened to John Deere Quality? (was: Seeking opinions on a Sears 42" lawn tractor)

"IGot2P" wrote in message
On 5/20/2010 9:47 PM, hr(bob) wrote:
On May 20, 8:07 pm, wrote:
"Dean wrote in message

My neighbor has a John Deere that is a piece of cr--.

I'm not your neighbor but I also have a John Deere that is junk after only
2 years of very light use (42 hours). Going to Wal-Mart and purchase a low
end no-name mower.

I'll agree with this eval of the low quality of current JD consumer
products -- when my JD 135 lawn tractor (gently used and garaged when not in
use) was three years old the paint was peeling off the body in sheets. Now
half of the body is down to bare metal. JD's answer was - "Tough, it's out
of warranty.". Now the local dealer has stopped carrying JD, so if you buy
one from Home Depot or Lowes there's no dealer around for repairs.