Posted to alt.home.repair
MIB MIB is offline

Default DIY skylight?

wrote in message

Ditto the above. I'd had Velux for 15 years that include electric
motors and I have large oak trees that are nearby. Not a single
problem. I'm sure if you Google this group you will find many similar
comments about Velux. I can't recall anyone here complaining about
them.

I think you would be asking for lots of problems trying to make your
own instead of using a proven solution. And I think you are focused
too much on the polycarbonate vs glass issue. The solar tube idea
could be OK, but I would go with the true skylights for the
application as I think they are a lot more visually appealing.

Lexan is a proven solution. What is wrong with using it?