Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Brown[_2_] Doug Brown[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Need Baby Bird Help

"Twayne" wrote in message
In ,
hr(bob) typed:

Call the nearest humane center or SPCA. They can refer you to the proper
authority which will pick up the baby bird and have it placed with
experienced, recognized experts whose job it is to get the animal healthy,
back on its feet and be releaed back into the wild.
Never try to do it yourself unless you've been schooled in such things.
The biggest problem is having a youngster imprint on you as a "parent" and
when (not IF, even if you successfully make a pet of it) it's gotten back
to the wild it will have a very short life indeed. IMproperly raised
youngsters do not imprint properly, often don't have any way to learn how
to find food and some experience very painful, terrible deaths because
someone tried to help them. Honest; if you doubt me, there are lots of
internet sites you can find about this subject. Just make sure they were
written by authorized, recognized organizations, that's all.
In our area both the dog warden and SPCA can take such things and find
fostering for them. We have no local Humane Society, unfortunately; very
rural here. It works well; they even invite you to the event of letting
the animal go in the end if you wish it.
--
Regards,

Tom1

OK,forgive me for being a callous lout but ----- it's a frigging bird!!!
Leave it alone and let nature take its course. Calling the Humane Society,
expending money, energy and effort for the sake of one small baby bird is
assinine and a sign of one of the many things wrong in our society.