Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hydraulic hose question

On Sat, 22 May 2010 22:54:12 -0400, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

Im still trying to find a vari-drive belt for my Clausing 1500 thats
under the $118 + shipping Clausing wants

Mine blew in half..with an unknown number of bits missing..so cant be
sure of the length

Gunner

Check over in the Yahoo Clausing group. Somebody there is likely to
know or can tell you how to measure the pulleys. The 5900 and 6300
series seem to take a common belt available from a number of places,
including snowmobile dealers. The debate is whether to use a 22º belt
or a 30º. The angle probably doesn't matter as much as the correct
length.

RWL

Ive been given 2 numbers..one several inches longer than the other.

If I buy both....it will cost as much as the Clausing cost.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.