Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Need Baby Bird Help

hr(bob) wrote:
I just found a baby bird in our driveway under a couple of trees that
have nests in them. Bird can walk - sort of - and tries to fly but
can't. What should I do? Any ideas on food to set out or water???

When we found a baby bird, our vet told me to put some fish cat food in
a blender with a little water. Feed the soupy stuff to the bird with an
eye dropper. This was a tiny bird, just beginning to get feathers.
Didn't survive. Another time, we had two ducklings. Fed same stuff,
one survived, one didn't. The survivor was not accepted by other ducks
in large flock, and he thought my husband and I were his parents.