Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Need Baby Bird Help

On May 22, 3:02*pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
"hr(bob) " wrote in message

I just found a baby bird in our driveway under a couple of trees that
have nests in them. Bird can walk - sort of - and tries to fly but
can't. *What should I do? *Any ideas on food to set out or water???

Any water you put out should be in a very shallow container like a saucer so
the little guy won't drown in it. *He doesn't know how to drink anyway.

Touching the bird is the last thing you want to do. *Your smell may cause
his mother to desert him.

More than likely you are just going to have to learn to allow nature to take
its course.

Should you choose to ignore that advice there is an bird cereal that you can
buy in powered form. *Mixes up a lot like baby oatmeal.
We tried more than once for the sake of the kids when they were little.
Never saved a single one.

Robins like pre-chewed worms. *Make a video of that one for me.

--
Colbyt
Please come visithttp://www.househomerepair.com

A bird-knowledgeable neighbor picked the bird up using a plastic bag
and moved it away from the edge lf the lawn, it was only 2 feet from
the stree, having hopped about 20 feet toward the street since it is
downllhill in that direction. We'll see what happens next. I think
the parents are robins.