Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Shopping for a Live Center?

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

As long as we don't waste, it is all good,

You've probably never seen a Monkfish, except maybe filleted, on a plate
in
a restaurant. It can make you think twice about eating what you catch.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...onkfish540.jpg

Bon appétit! d8-)

Yuck! I think I'll stick to fish that have trout in their name.

Wes

When I was a kid and we brought one of those suckers over the side, we'd
hack them up with a bait knife and throw them back into the water -- an
un-PC thing to do these days.

It turns out that fishermen thought they were eating up the summer flounder
(maybe they were). I always thought we killed them because they were
fish-demons from hell.

What you don't see in that photo is the little bait thingy they wiggle above
their head (it's there, but it's laying flat). Thus, another of the
beastie's other names: Anglerfish. We fishermen called them Headfish,
because they're about 1/2 head.

--
Ed Huntress