Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Five Rooms of Flooring Going Into the Dumpster

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
" wrote:

Good grief! The condo above us was just sold, for half the price the
previous owner paid. The last owner spent about a year remodeling and
redecorating...all new flooring, new kitchen, some changes in bathrooms.
Now the new owner has hired a guy to take out all of the flooring. I
understand the new kitchen cabinets will go, too. Makes me want to cry.
I took a look in the dumpster...couldn't make out a brand name on it,
only "Made in Germany". Looks new, tongue and groove. I think it all
looks cheap, but perhaps this stuff isn't worth saving. I don't know
the owner, or how to contact him, or I would suggest saving the stuff
and offering it to whomever wants to pick it up.

Are you sure it sold, or is that just the rumor you heard? Maybe the
lender foreclosed, and gutting the place is the owner's tantrum.

No, I saw the official record online....have had some rather infamous
neighbors, so I check now and then to see who went bust and who has been
arrested ) The last owner, I'm told, spent $38K redoing the unit
(about 1300 sq.ft.)...looked nice. The guy who did most of the work is
a partner of the actual owner. Purchased for $350k, sold for about half
that. Spoke with the partner a number of times during the time it was
for sale, and he never seemed particularly distressed that it took so
long. They owned it three years, spent about a year doing the work.
Could have rented it. They flipped properties for quite a few years, so
probably had made a bundle previously. Another former owner bought two
units in our condo during the run up in real estate, remodeled one,
redec. the other, and doubled his money. Defaulted on his next
mortgage, which was a little over $1.5m.

New owner is a real estate investment co...unit has a boat slip, as do
all the units in our condo. Story is that this will be the new owner's
summer place, but probably another flipper. Boat slips in the back yard
are getting hard to come by )