Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Import BXA toolpost experience

On 2010-05-22, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2010 22:41:41 -0400, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

* * * * Hmm ... this is perhaps a chance to see whether other of this
brand of Wedge style toolpost also have the screw on the bottom of the
turning position wedge. *Re-post the links to the photo which shows the
screw, so he can check that and compare with his toolpost.

[ ... ]

The screw can be seen in the 6th photo on that page.(Here is a larger
pic: http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...Toolpostb.jpg).

There is definitely no screw on the other side.

[ ... ]

I downloaded the photo and saved it to my computer. It needed to be
lightened in order to see what I think you're talking about. It looks
like there's a screw head on the underside of the wedge. Is that what
you're talking about? If so, I'll check mine when it arrives. It
shipped today from wherever Discount Machine is located.

[ ... ]

The toolpost arrived today (Friday) here in central PA. There is no
screw on the bottom of either of my wedges.

Which leads me to suspect that it does not belong in the one
which he got.

It has Shars imprinted on the block. I'll take photos of it in the
next couple of days and post them so you can compare to an Aloris.

*I* can't -- because I don't have an Aloris ready to hand. But
I can (and will) compare it to my BXA-sized Phase-II which I just
disassembled as I described above to make sure that what I suggested
will work.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564