Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Import BXA toolpost experience

On Thu, 20 May 2010 22:41:41 -0400, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

* * * * Hmm ... this is perhaps a chance to see whether other of this
brand of Wedge style toolpost also have the screw on the bottom of the
turning position wedge. *Re-post the links to the photo which shows the
screw, so he can check that and compare with his toolpost.

* * * * Good Luck,
* * * * * * * * DoN.

The screw can be seen in the 6th photo on that page.(Here is a larger
pic: http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...Toolpostb.jpg).

There is definitely no screw on the other side.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

I downloaded the photo and saved it to my computer. It needed to be
lightened in order to see what I think you're talking about. It looks
like there's a screw head on the underside of the wedge. Is that what
you're talking about? If so, I'll check mine when it arrives. It
shipped today from wherever Discount Machine is located.

RWL

The toolpost arrived today (Friday) here in central PA. There is no
screw on the bottom of either of my wedges.

It has Shars imprinted on the block. I'll take photos of it in the
next couple of days and post them so you can compare to an Aloris.

RWL