Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Seeking opinions on a Sears 42" lawn tractor

Ron wrote:
On May 20, 8:25 pm, aemeijers wrote:
Model yt3000/28922, 42", auto tranny, B&S 21 HP. Some research online
says these are OEM'd by Husqvarna, and roughly equal to their low-end
models, at a lower price point. List $1399, but apparently on sale this
weekend for $1299, which sales droid was NOT aware of.

I find writing 4-digit checks physically painful, but I am also finding
3.5 hours per week behind a push mower physically painful to my
allergies, sinuses, and hives. Thinking that perhaps cutting that
exposure time would reduce my allergy problems, I am tempted to splurge.
Looking for honest opinions about the current sears mowers of this
series. (the red ones, not the gray ones, which are apparently MTD this
year.)

--
aem sends...

Have you checked out the returned lawn eqt at Sears?

You might luck out and find a "used" mower for less than 1K.

I bought a $1200 mower from them a few yrs ago for $700.

I'll look again, but I didn't see any used ones in their outside row.
Mebbe on the other side of the building or something. It is a small store.

--
aem sends...