Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Seeking opinions on a Sears 42" lawn tractor

EXT wrote:

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
aemeijers wrote:
Model yt3000/28922, 42", auto tranny, B&S 21 HP. Some research
online says these are OEM'd by Husqvarna, and roughly equal to their
low-end models, at a lower price point. List $1399, but apparently on
sale this weekend for $1299, which sales droid was NOT aware of.

I find writing 4-digit checks physically painful, but I am also
finding 3.5 hours per week behind a push mower physically painful to
my allergies, sinuses, and hives. Thinking that perhaps cutting that
exposure time would reduce my allergy problems, I am tempted to
splurge. Looking for honest opinions about the current sears mowers
of this series. (the red ones, not the gray ones, which are
apparently MTD this year.)

You might want to ask about the horsepower rating if that part is
important to you. Some lawnmowers aren't what they claim to be.
There was a class action lawsuit over it. My brother is one of those
who gets a few $$ back because of it. This is the first link that
popped up about it: http://tinyurl.com/29olzff

Sears does not have a good reputation these days. Go for a John Deere,
you won't be sorry. But buy it from a real dealer not a big box store.

Did I mention the 4-digit checks being painful? Deere's start at 1500
around here, for the manual-shift model.

--
aem sends...