Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Capgras Joseph Capgras is offline

Default Seeking opinions on a Sears 42" lawn tractor

Ron wrote:
On May 21, 2:29 pm, "MLD" wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message

... Model yt3000/28922, 42", auto tranny, B&S 21 HP. Some research online
says these are OEM'd by Husqvarna, and roughly equal to their low-end
models, at a lower price point. List $1399, but apparently on sale this
weekend for $1299, which sales droid was NOT aware of.
I find writing 4-digit checks physically painful, but I am also finding
3.5 hours per week behind a push mower physically painful to my allergies,
sinuses, and hives. Thinking that perhaps cutting that exposure time would
reduce my allergy problems, I am tempted to splurge. Looking for honest
opinions about the current sears mowers of this series. (the red ones, not
the gray ones, which are apparently MTD this year.)
--
aem sends...

I have a Craftsman 18 HP, 42" that sold for $999, now into 3rd year. Low
end, pretty basic but it performs great. Starts right up every time--even
after the winter storage period (just run it out of gas and remove battery).
Does everything it is supposed to. Would suggest that you get the mulch kit
(blade etc) with it. Saves a lot of clean up time.
MLD

Mine came with the munching plug and blades. I bought a catcher/bagger
and the regular blades for it. Not only is the catcher a PITA to a to
attach to the deck, but the tube clogs up to easily. I believe I used
it 3 times and then it just sat in the garage. A wasted $200.

Put it on craigslist for $75, take $50!