Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Seeking opinions on a Sears 42" lawn tractor

On May 21, 2:29*pm, "MLD" wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message

... Model yt3000/28922, 42", auto tranny, B&S 21 HP. *Some research online
says these are OEM'd by Husqvarna, and roughly equal to their low-end
models, at a lower price point. List $1399, but apparently on sale this
weekend for $1299, which sales droid was NOT aware of.

I find writing 4-digit checks physically *painful, but I am also finding
3.5 hours per week behind a push mower physically painful to my allergies,
sinuses, and hives. Thinking that perhaps cutting that exposure time would
reduce my allergy problems, I am tempted to splurge. Looking for honest
opinions about the current sears mowers of this series. (the red ones, not
the gray ones, which are apparently MTD this year.)

--
aem sends...

I have a Craftsman 18 HP, 42" that sold for $999, now into 3rd year. *Low
end, pretty basic but it performs great. *Starts right up every time--even
after the winter storage period (just run it out of gas and remove battery).
Does everything it is supposed to. *Would suggest that you get the mulch kit
(blade etc) with it. *Saves a lot of clean up time.
MLD

Mine came with the munching plug and blades. I bought a catcher/bagger
and the regular blades for it. Not only is the catcher a PITA to a to
attach to the deck, but the tube clogs up to easily. I believe I used
it 3 times and then it just sat in the garage. A wasted $200.