Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Seeking opinions on a Sears 42" lawn tractor

On 5/20/2010 7:42 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Model yt3000/28922, 42", auto tranny, B&S 21 HP. Some research online
says these are OEM'd by Husqvarna, and roughly equal to their low-end
models, at a lower price point. List $1399, but apparently on sale
this weekend for $1299, which sales droid was NOT aware of.

I find writing 4-digit checks physically painful, but I am also
finding 3.5 hours per week behind a push mower physically painful to
my allergies, sinuses, and hives. Thinking that perhaps cutting that
exposure time would reduce my allergy problems, I am tempted to
splurge. Looking for honest opinions about the current sears mowers of
this series. (the red ones, not the gray ones, which are apparently
MTD this year.)

You might want to ask about the horsepower rating if that part is
important to you. Some lawnmowers aren't what they claim to be. There
was a class action lawsuit over it. My brother is one of those who gets
a few $$ back because of it. This is the first link that popped up about
it: http://tinyurl.com/29olzff

a 42" won't need more than about 10 real hp, so i'd say if they are
calling it a 21hp, it's probably making 12 or so. It'll be fine.

--
Steve Barker