Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Garage Door Recommendations Needed

On May 20, 4:45*pm, Frank wrote:
On May 20, 9:49*am, Pointer wrote:

Time to replace two 8' x 7' overhead doors in Maryland near Annapolis.
Garage is attached and unheated w/o shop. *Any first hand
recommendations concerning the type, brand or local installation company.

I had my old wooden clunker replaced with a Raynor steel door with
decorative windows and insulation panels.
Been at least 5 years and still looks new.

I had an 18' x 7' Raynor door installed many years ago. Great door,
with all the bells and whistles (insulation, interior panels,...). I
didn't much like their openers so bought a Sears and installed that
myself (it was quite a while back). I wouldn't attempt installing it
myself, though. The overhead door companies know what they're doing
and aren't expensive at all.