Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default PEX QUESTION

On May 20, 9:18*pm, "Robert Olin" wrote:
If I use a manifold system, can I eliminate individual shut off valves, like
under the sink or at the toilet? *Is the code man ok with that?

What if I use the manifold for an area like one *bathroom?

Let say I have a typical bathroom on one manifold. *If the pex is 1/2" I
assume that is adequate for the toilet and sink, but I'm wondering if a tub
or shower should have their own dedicated hot and cold back to the manifold?

Thanks,
Bob

--
Robert Olin
Bob's Water & Septic LLC

I would suggest you search this ng for threads on PEX. Many of your
questions have been answered.

I've done a couple pex whole house re-pipes.
I even thought about eliminating "local shutoffs" (aka angle stops).
I decided to use angle stops with a manifold system and I'm very glad
I did, the convenience is worth it.

Depending on the house layout, a single manifold could serve for the
whole house.

Even with local manifolds, I would recommend shutoffs.

BTW if oyu choose to use manifolds, they get used in paired sets; hot
& cold.
So a house needs a hot manifold & a cold manifold. Same with local
manifolds

1/2" PEX is fine for a tub or shower, even if the runs are ~30 to 40
ft.

visit

http://www.uponorpro.com/Technical-Support/Manuals.aspx

take a look at the plumbing manuals, good stuff

cheers
Bob