Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default How to prep aluminum for painting?

On May 21, 12:39*am, wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2010 19:30:17 -0700 (PDT), Ron
wrote:

On May 20, 9:38*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2010 17:36:05 -0700 (PDT), Ron
wrote:

They have aluminum screen cages all over Florida and I have never seen
any that was bronze anodized. It is all painted medium bronze or white
if it isn't just mill finish.. The mill finish under the paint is
probably anodized but the bronze or white is just paint. They sell the
touch up paint that is a very good match.

Those bronze pool enclosures are built out of the same king of
aluminium that store front enclosures are built from - which is
anodized

When I was in the glass business this is what we usedhttp://preview.tinyurl.com/2vs66m9
for scratches and sometimes painting an entire piece of clear
aluminium if we needed a piece of bronze to finish up a job.

Not any screen cage I have ever seen in Florida and my wife built over
200 of them.
The "patio" material is painted.

I guess you need to come to my house and take a look then

Where are you, maybe it is a regional thing. I have a big stack of
patio, I can mail you a piece and let you decide but it is basically
the same thing they sell at H/D or Lowes. This is certainly painted,
You can take the paint off with the right (or wrong) solvent depending
on what your intent is.

I'm in Orlando.

The only aluminum that we used (and they still do) was anodized. My
pool enclosure is anodized. A friend of mine just had a pool enclosure
installed a few months ago, and it is anodized.

I guess there are companies out there that use "painted" aluminum to
build pool enclosures with, but I bet their warranty sucks.

You get what you pay for.