Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Seeking opinions on a Sears 42" lawn tractor

aemeijers wrote:
Model yt3000/28922, 42", auto tranny, B&S 21 HP. Some research online
says these are OEM'd by Husqvarna, and roughly equal to their low-end
models, at a lower price point. List $1399, but apparently on sale this
weekend for $1299, which sales droid was NOT aware of.

I find writing 4-digit checks physically painful, but I am also finding
3.5 hours per week behind a push mower physically painful to my
allergies, sinuses, and hives. Thinking that perhaps cutting that
exposure time would reduce my allergy problems, I am tempted to splurge.
Looking for honest opinions about the current sears mowers of this
series. (the red ones, not the gray ones, which are apparently MTD this
year.)

Consumer Reports best buys under $2000:
John Deere LA 115
John Deere LA 105
Cub Cadet LTX 1040 13RX90AR
Cub Cadet LTX 1045 13RX91AT
Craftsman 28724 (discontinued) Similar 28914, 28924

CR didn't rate the model you are looking at.