Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default How to prep aluminum for painting?

On May 20, 9:38*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2010 17:36:05 -0700 (PDT), Ron
wrote:

They have aluminum screen cages all over Florida and I have never seen
any that was bronze anodized. It is all painted medium bronze or white
if it isn't just mill finish.. The mill finish under the paint is
probably anodized but the bronze or white is just paint. They sell the
touch up paint that is a very good match.

Those bronze pool enclosures are built out of the same king of
aluminium that store front enclosures are built from - which is
anodized

When I was in the glass business this is what we usedhttp://preview.tinyurl.com/2vs66m9
for scratches and sometimes painting an entire piece of clear
aluminium if we needed a piece of bronze to finish up a job.

Not any screen cage I have ever seen in Florida and my wife built over
200 of them.
The "patio" material is painted.

I touched up some for my in laws about 8 years ago after it got
scraped by a falling ladder. I sanded it to even things up, wiped it
with vinegar to etch and painted it with bronze paint I got from the
hardware store. Still looks good.

Jimmie