Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Import BXA toolpost experience

"Searcher7" wrote in message
On May 20, 10:41 pm, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET
wrote:
Hmm ... this is perhaps a chance to see whether other of this
brand of Wedge style toolpost also have the screw on the bottom of the
turning position wedge. Re-post the links to the photo which shows
the
screw, so he can check that and compare with his toolpost.

Good Luck,
DoN.
The screw can be seen in the 6th photo on that page.(Here is a larger
pic:http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...ls/?action...).

There is definitely no screw on the other side.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

I downloaded the photo and saved it to my computer. It needed to be
lightened in order to see what I think you're talking about. It looks
like there's a screw head on the underside of the wedge. Is that what
you're talking about? If so, I'll check mine when it arrives. It
shipped today from wherever Discount Machine is located.

RWL

Yes. that's the screw. I assume it is there for a reason. It is
definitely not loose.

Also I have no problem putting on any of the included toolholders.
When I do, the range of the approximate 180 degree swing of the
locking bar becomes a 90 degree swing between locked and unlocked when
a toolholder is attached.

But the genuine Aloris AXA12N toolholder I have will only fit on one
of the two sides. I thought it was because the locking bar was in the
way, which it is. But even when I open the wedge completely and then
unscrew the locking bar the Aloris toolholder still will not fit down
on that side. ?!?

And when on the side it does fit on the swing distance of the locking
bar between locked and unlocked is only about 10 to 15 degrees.(Though
I don't know how important that is).

Milling the Aloris holder would increase that swing range and allow
the toolholder to fit on *both* sides *if* I unscrew the locking bar.
(Sigh).

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

FWIW, I found that the Aloris BX and BXA are not compatible