Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default "Code Compliance" folks on the case

On Thu, 20 May 2010 19:33:05 -0400, Tony
wrote:

Evan wrote:
On May 19, 2:02 pm, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 19 May 2010 07:24:32 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"The City of Austin Tuesday released photos of the web of tunnels a man dug
underneath his East Austin home. Under the yellow home are three stories of
tunnels... "
http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Insid...in-tunnel-home...
Bumper sticker:
"South Austin: We're all here because we're not all there"
It's not clear *why* search warrant was served or did this follow a
code enforcement inspection and then the police were called?

A search warrant is required for authorities (typically the police,
but could
apply to the fire marshal, building inspector or health inspector as
well)
when a home owner denies entry and refuses to grant permission for the
government agents to enter private property...

It is the ONLY legal way for the authorities to gain entrance to
private
property without some sort of exigent emergency situation existing...

~~ Evan

The spot next to the neighbor where it was caving in should be enough
for an inspection.

It does resemble a gun turret.... "lets the weapon be aimed and fired
in many directions."