Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Garage Door Recommendations Needed

On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:49:03 -0400, Pointer
wrote:

Time to replace two 8' x 7' overhead doors in Maryland near Annapolis.
Garage is attached and unheated w/o shop. Any first hand
recommendations concerning the type, brand or local installation company.

I'm very biased about these doors.* I've seen numerous installed, so
when I had one replaced last year I bought a Martin garage door. A
family owned business.

They started selling them at HD and Lowe's - get a look at the
quality. There are some samples in the store. I didn't know this when
I called them for a new GD. The Martin rep that came to my house told
me to visit one of these stores and save $200 on the purchase price.
At first I objected that idea because Martin doors are installed ONLY
by trained installers. He explained the doors are installed by the
Martin company installers and not some fly by night outfit.

Put the door on a no interest payment plan, filed taxes this year and
obtained an energy tax credit (30%) on my income taxes. This door gets
money back from my uncle...

http://www.martindoor.com/

Tax credit PDF (two pages)

http://www.martindoor.com/Portals/0/...Tax-Credit.pdf