Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Garage Door Recommendations Needed

It was maybe 30, 40, 50 percent more than your average door, but did
look nice, if you don't want to admit you have a garage.

On Thu, 20 May 2010 18:06:27 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:49:03 -0400, Pointer
wrote:

Time to replace two 8' x 7' overhead doors in Maryland near Annapolis.
Garage is attached and unheated w/o shop. Any first hand
recommendations concerning the type, brand or local installation company.

I met a guy at the Chinese consulate in DC, on his way to China to
check on production of his garage door. It's painted or something to
look like it's an open porch, with tables etc. inside and a nice
white-bordered roof.

I think his wife invented and the first trip or two they took
together, but now he was on his 4th or 5th trip and all the glamour of
going to China had worn off and it just a drag.

They have a good webpage, but I can't remember the name.