Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default LA boycotts Arizona

Ed Huntress wrote:

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
I suppose they could, but if they tried it, California could send a LOT
more
back to Arizona. Estimates are that California has 8 or 9 times as many as
Arizona.

How would they identify them?

The same way Arizona is planning to -- by the color of their skin and the
clothes they wear. Speaking Spanish isn't going to win you any points,
either.

No papers? Too bad, senor.

(BTW, I don't carry "papers," either)

Perhaps California could intact a law
that would let police ask about the immigration status of anyone they
are questioning.

Already is on the books in California. In almost the exact same wording
as the law they are crying about in AZ.
Maybe the people there need to read the laws of their own state before
whining about other states.

I'd be in trouble. No one in my family has had immigration papers since
1657. And they landed just around where you live.

If you can trace them back that far you're doing good.

The ones I have a problem with are the people who have "immigrated" here
from whatever country and didn't bother trying to do any legal things to
become citizens. Then they sit there and complain that "I'm a
MEXICAN-american" or "I'm a XXXXXX-american" and deserve special
treatment because of that. BULL.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)