Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15573 Ignoramus15573 is offline

Default PICTURES of a recent welding project

On 2010-05-20, RBnDFW wrote:
Ignoramus15573 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...rame-For-Mill/
Iggy, if you continue to waste time on metalworking, we will have to
ask you to leave the group.
Maybe I should start some politican thread from hell, as a penance for
posting metalworking related articles?
We already have way too many people assigned to that. We shall
tolerate your metal-working related posts for the time being. but
you're on probabation.

hm

BTW, is that a mobile dolly for a Bridgeport?
Permanent for that machine, or an all-purpose machine trolly?

I made it to get the BP into my garage. The mill is 10 inches taller
than the garage door. So it needs to be tilted to get in.

Ah yes, I recall that discussion.
You can't just pull off the head and ram?
Nevermind that they weigh 400 lbs.

Pulling off the head is even more trouble, with all the wires
inside. A great way to ruin this mill.

This Series II is a big M.F.

I very nearly committed to a mill bigger than that one yesterday.
It was a bargain too. I hate to pass up a bargain :/

I am having my doubts now as to whether it was a good idea to buy that
whole thing.