Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PICTURES of a recent welding project

Ignoramus15573 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...rame-For-Mill/

Iggy, if you continue to waste time on metalworking, we will have to ask
you to leave the group.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-20, RBnDFW wrote:
Ignoramus15573 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...rame-For-Mill/

Iggy, if you continue to waste time on metalworking, we will have to
ask you to leave the group.

Maybe I should start some politican thread from hell, as a penance for
posting metalworking related articles?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-20, RBnDFW wrote:
Ignoramus15573 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...rame-For-Mill/

Iggy, if you continue to waste time on metalworking, we will have to
ask you to leave the group.

Maybe I should start some politican thread from hell, as a penance for
posting metalworking related articles?

We already have way too many people assigned to that.
We shall tolerate your metal-working related posts for the time being.
but you're on probabation.

BTW, is that a mobile dolly for a Bridgeport?
Permanent for that machine, or an all-purpose machine trolly?

My Millrite is on a $50 pallet jack, looks to be permanent at this point
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-20, RBnDFW wrote:
Ignoramus15573 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...rame-For-Mill/
Iggy, if you continue to waste time on metalworking, we will have to
ask you to leave the group.

Maybe I should start some politican thread from hell, as a penance for
posting metalworking related articles?

We already have way too many people assigned to that. We shall
tolerate your metal-working related posts for the time being. but
you're on probabation.

hm

BTW, is that a mobile dolly for a Bridgeport?
Permanent for that machine, or an all-purpose machine trolly?

I made it to get the BP into my garage. The mill is 10 inches taller
than the garage door. So it needs to be tilted to get in.

This Series II is a big M.F.

After I get it in, I will use something else to move it around.

My Millrite is on a $50 pallet jack, looks to be permanent at this point

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-20, RBnDFW wrote:
Ignoramus15573 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...rame-For-Mill/
Iggy, if you continue to waste time on metalworking, we will have to
ask you to leave the group.
Maybe I should start some politican thread from hell, as a penance for
posting metalworking related articles?

We already have way too many people assigned to that. We shall
tolerate your metal-working related posts for the time being. but
you're on probabation.

hm

BTW, is that a mobile dolly for a Bridgeport?
Permanent for that machine, or an all-purpose machine trolly?

I made it to get the BP into my garage. The mill is 10 inches taller
than the garage door. So it needs to be tilted to get in.

Ah yes, I recall that discussion.
You can't just pull off the head and ram?
Nevermind that they weigh 400 lbs.

This Series II is a big M.F.

I very nearly committed to a mill bigger than that one yesterday.
It was a bargain too. I hate to pass up a bargain :/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-20, RBnDFW wrote:
Ignoramus15573 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...rame-For-Mill/
Iggy, if you continue to waste time on metalworking, we will have to
ask you to leave the group.
Maybe I should start some politican thread from hell, as a penance for
posting metalworking related articles?
We already have way too many people assigned to that. We shall
tolerate your metal-working related posts for the time being. but
you're on probabation.

hm

BTW, is that a mobile dolly for a Bridgeport?
Permanent for that machine, or an all-purpose machine trolly?

I made it to get the BP into my garage. The mill is 10 inches taller
than the garage door. So it needs to be tilted to get in.

Ah yes, I recall that discussion.
You can't just pull off the head and ram?
Nevermind that they weigh 400 lbs.

Pulling off the head is even more trouble, with all the wires
inside. A great way to ruin this mill.

This Series II is a big M.F.

I very nearly committed to a mill bigger than that one yesterday.
It was a bargain too. I hate to pass up a bargain :/

I am having my doubts now as to whether it was a good idea to buy that
whole thing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus15573 wrote:
On 2010-05-20, RBnDFW wrote:
Ignoramus15573 wrote:
[...]

I thought BP heads were pretty self-contained.
Perhaps yours is a CNC variant?

This Series II is a big M.F.

I very nearly committed to a mill bigger than that one yesterday.
It was a bargain too. I hate to pass up a bargain :/

I am having my doubts now as to whether it was a good idea to buy that
whole thing.

LOL Buyer's remorse?
Not like you Iggy!

You'll be posting a Tool Gloat with pics in 2 weeks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

BTW, is that a mobile dolly for a Bridgeport?
Permanent for that machine, or an all-purpose machine trolly?

I made it to get the BP into my garage. The mill is 10 inches taller
than the garage door. So it needs to be tilted to get in.

This Series II is a big M.F.

You're wrong there Iggy. Its just a machine for light home hobby use.VBG I
should warn you, a serious mill like this will spoil you.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus15573 wrote:
On 2010-05-20, RBnDFW wrote:
Ignoramus15573 wrote:
[...]

Yes, it is a CNC mill. Something like 8 cables going through the ram.

This Series II is a big M.F.
I very nearly committed to a mill bigger than that one yesterday.
It was a bargain too. I hate to pass up a bargain :/

I am having my doubts now as to whether it was a good idea to buy that
whole thing.

LOL Buyer's remorse? Not like you Iggy!

You'll be posting a Tool Gloat with pics in 2 weeks.

or living in my trailer
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-20, Karl Townsend wrote:

BTW, is that a mobile dolly for a Bridgeport?
Permanent for that machine, or an all-purpose machine trolly?

I made it to get the BP into my garage. The mill is 10 inches taller
than the garage door. So it needs to be tilted to get in.

This Series II is a big M.F.

You're wrong there Iggy. Its just a machine for light home hobby use.VBG I
should warn you, a serious mill like this will spoil you.

This will be my summer project.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 20, 1:05*pm, Ignoramus15573 ignoramus15...@NOSPAM.
15573.invalid wrote:

I am having my doubts now as to whether it was a good idea to buy that
whole thing.

Now you are beginning to sound like a wife!

Paul