Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Ryobi Blower Only Runs With Choke Closed

On May 20, 8:44�am, Jules Richardson
wrote:

Oh, one thing I heard recently was that some Ryobi engines have just a
plastic crankcase cover, and the screws that hold it down work loose -
it's the crankcase pressure which drives the carb's fuel pump, so once
the crankcase seal goes bad the pump in the carb stops operating
properly. Not necessarily relevant in this case, but it's something to
keep in mind when working on the small Ryobi stuff.

cheers

Jules

When the screws that hold the plastic crankcase cover become loose, it
sucks in air when the piston is on the up-stroke. This will result in
a lean mixture and usually too lean to run (same symtoms as a dirty
carb or not getting gas). If you richen the mixture with full choke or
spray starting fluid in it , it may fire.

I mentioned tightening all screws in my last post.

Hank