Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default How to prep aluminum for painting?

Jean wrote the following:
I have a screen room with aluminum framework. One piece of the aluminum has
had the original bronze finish stripped off by some sort of animal
"excrement". After I lightly sand the aluminum, what should I use to
prime/prep the metal before I spray it with bronze-colored paint?

Thanks,

Jean

I painted my baked on enamel anodized aluminum gutters with white
rustoleum spray paint. The only prep I did was to wash the surface.
This was about 10 years ago and they haven't chipped or peeled yet.
My black roof shingles had stained the white gutters, so that was the
reason for the painting. They don't stain anymore.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY