Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Combining compressors

I assume that the V-twin design is much better for cooling, and likely
extends the reliability of pumps for air compressors.
Siamese cylinder designs still have good reliability if designed properly,
but my guess is that separate cylinders and heads can run cooler.

I just picked up a V-twin model yesterday, but the pump's a lot smaller than
the Quincy 5120-A in your pics.. probably in the 5-7.5 HP range (depending
upon model).
It is a complete air compressor, 60 gal, vertical model.

--
WB

"Ignoramus13240" wrote in message
If you are looking for a bigger compressor, instead of ponying those
little ****s together, I have a Quincy 5120 compressor for you. Looks
like 1980s vintage. The head alone weighs appx. 800 lbs. No tank.

It is pictured here

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/Tinley-Park/

It has a spin-on oil filter.