Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default Import BXA toolpost experience

Searcher7 wrote:
On May 19, 10:47 pm, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET
wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 06:48:48 -0700 (PDT), Glenn Lyford

wrote:
Has anybody had a bad
experience with the import knock-offs other than that the screws on
the individual tool holders need to be replaced.
A 98.2
feedback isn't much to write home about, especially after only 699
auctions--I'd walk away just from that. Lots of dings for late
shipment and poor communication. Personally, I think I'd keep
looking, especially when there's stuff like items 270414954729 or
330434576690 out there.

I took the plunge and ordered the one from Discount_Tools / Shars
since the price was comparable and the feedback was 99.8 and he'd sold
61 of them previously. It also stuck in the back of my mind that in
the past someone had mentioned that Shars stuff was OK. I guess I"m
the guinea pig. I'll let you guys know what I think when I've had a
chance to use it. Unfortunately, I've never owned an Aloris so I
don't have the gold standard for comparison.

RWL

Did you mean "Discount_Machine"? I have a lot of items from SHARS.
(Including the AXA toolpost).

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...slander/Tools/
http://www.shars.com/products/view/1...Wedge_Type_111

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

I've bought from Shars, as wells a HH and CDCO.
All were good experiences, no drama.