Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default LA boycotts Arizona

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
-
good point roger - I guess I wasn't clear - I was referring to the one in
the previous poster's tag line - I had perhaps mistakenly assumed that it
referred to a minor character mentioned by Heroditus as "Ipse Jesus" in

his
famous history of the roman empire, but perhaps I was mistaken - perhaps

the
owner of the tag line can clarify for both of us.

Bill,

To be fair, Mr. Young, is entitled to believe in the teachings of his
church, just as you or I are free to accept those teachings or reject them
as we choose.

Other than his screen name and his sig line, (Harmless, IMHO) he seldom
allows his religious beliefs to invade his USENET posts.

I don't get the impression that he was suggesting anything more than his
secular opinion when he made the post nor attempting to scold anyone for a
religious viewpoint that may differ from his own.

I suspect however that if you really want to hear his religious take on a
topic he might be willing to give it to you, but I kind of doubt you are
seriously interested in that.

To smoke out his true take on the situation, why not ask if a illegal
immigrant from a predominantly Catholic country who is a convert to the
Mormon faith should be treated any different than a Catholic from that
country. (Excluding cases where religious persecution gives rise to a claim
to asylum.)

I have my suspicions on how Christopher would answer, but I am not going to
predict.

For the sake of disclosing my bias, you can fairly label me a atheist or an
agnostic I don't feel any need to convert anyone from their religion to any
position against their beliefs unless they choose to engage me in the
debate. I have a brother that is a convert to the LDS church and years ago
he was an insufferable zealot. Over the years however, he has toned down
the rhetoric and we get along just fine now.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.