Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Searcher7 Searcher7 is offline

Default Import BXA toolpost experience

On May 19, 10:47*pm, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET
wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 06:48:48 -0700 (PDT), Glenn Lyford

wrote:
*Has anybody had a bad
experience with the import knock-offs other than that the screws on
the individual tool holders need to be replaced.

*A 98.2
feedback isn't much to write home about, especially after only 699
auctions--I'd walk away just from that. *Lots of dings for late
shipment and poor communication. *Personally, I think I'd keep
looking, especially when there's stuff like items 270414954729 or
330434576690 out there.

I took the plunge and ordered the one from Discount_Tools / Shars
since the price was comparable and the feedback was 99.8 and he'd sold
61 of them previously. *It also stuck in the back of my mind that in
the past someone had mentioned that Shars stuff was OK. *I guess I"m
the guinea pig. *I'll let you guys know what I think when I've had a
chance to use it. *Unfortunately, I've never owned an Aloris so I
don't have the gold standard for comparison.

RWL

Did you mean "Discount_Machine"? I have a lot of items from SHARS.
(Including the AXA toolpost).

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...slander/Tools/
http://www.shars.com/products/view/1...Wedge_Type_111

Darren Harris